Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blog Introduction -- Hi there!

Howdy! My name is Kayla and I am a super senior at Texas A&M University. I'm an urban horticulture major with an interest in teaching others the importance of growing their own food and eating fresh & local. I will be graduating in August and getting married to my best friend on October! This is an incredibly surreal time for me; I never thought I'd be getting married right out of college, but I am so thankful God put this man in my life and is giving us this opportunity to start a life together.

A few summers ago, I found Tone It Up on YouTube and immediately fell in love with Karena & Katrina. They seemed like they really cared about helping others change their lives for the better! I bought the TIU Meal Plan and worked out all summer. Even during a tough breakup, I was able to *almost* finish the 7DSD; I felt INCREDIBLE. I specifically remember being amazed at how strong I felt. But, as so many people struggle with, I lost the motivation right before the next semester began.

I've fallen on and off the bandwagon so many times. I'll get really motivated, spending some time in the TIU Community and reading their blog, but then bad habits kick in and there's no time to workout and eating greasy Indian food during a particularly stressful day of school and work just seems like the best option!

I got engaged right before Christmas and knew I'd have to get back into shape for my wedding. Not only because I wanted to look incredible walking down the aisle and on our honeymoon, but because this would be the start of a new chapter in my life. I want to be healthy not only so my future husband and I can live a long life together, but also so I can be a healthy mom for our future children.

Anyways, after a particularly rough semester (21 credit hours and 25 hours of work, YIKES) I have finally had enough. I'm not just doing the TIU Bikini Series to lose weight for my wedding--I'm doing it to form healthy habits that will last a lifetime. I'm a big foodie so some restrictions will be a challenge, but that's what this blog is all about: finding my healthy balance eating, exercising, and living life!

For all my TIU girls out there, please leave me your blog info so I can follow your journey for the next 8 weeks. I'm all about finding inspiration through y'all ;) We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment